There is something very particular to spring that makes us want to eat accordingly. Of course, summer foods are a given and joyful in their own right, but is there anything more refreshing than eating in line with a season that sparks new life? Tender greens are often what we turn to, new shoots and herby flavours. Before summer fruits take centre stage, lean on the greens in all their glory.
In celebration of this, we're sharing this spring recipe of salmon and lemon potato salad from the Fluiform Pilates October Meal Plan developed with nutritionist, Jo Kate Whitehead. Spring peas, fresh rocket, and a mountain of herbs come together for freshness and versatility, making it a perfect lunch for one or dinner side for many.
600g new potatoes
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp capers
1 tsp horseradish
150 ml Greek yoghurt
1 small bunch fresh dill
1/2 bunch fresh mint
400 g sliced smoked salmon 2 cups fresh rocket
1. Roast the potatoes in a 200 C oven until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, capers, half the lemon juice and the lemon zest.
3. In a small bowl, add the Greek yoghurt, horseradish and the other half of the lemon juice and mix.
4. When the potatoes are cooked, toss them through the olive oil dressing.
5. Serve with the smoked salmon, the yoghurt mixture and some fresh rocket.
Serve on a large platter with dollops of dressing and heaps of fresh herbs.
This recipe and others like it are included in The Fluidform October Meal Plan, which is exclusively available to Fluid Form At Home Subscribers and provides subscribers with easy, fresh and healthy meals which are versatile in nature and decidedly non-boring to consume.