This year Black Friday falls on Friday November 27.
For the unacquainted, this particular occasion is one of the biggest shopping days in the calendar year. On this day, you'll fine your favourite stores and boutiques offer big discounts and deals both in store and online. So it's the perfect motivator to get you started on your Christmas gift shopping - or to treat yourself to something special after the long hard year that was 2020.
The team at RUSSH have a focused eye, a knack for knowing which sales are worth shopping and which are not. Our editors have worked in tandem to pull together our list of the best Black Friday sales running in 2020.
Of course, Black Friday won't be here for another day - but some sales have started early. We'll have the full list here tomorrow. In the meantime, here's what you can shop now.
Early deals - best Black Friday sales 2020, a curated list of our favourites.
- Meruji - Buy more, save more (buy 1, get 10% off; buy 2, get 15% off; buy 3, get 20% off) - ends December 3
- Net-a-Porter - Up to 50% off + extra 15% off marked items - ends soon
- Reebok - Up to 60% off outlet and 30% off full prices apparel and footwear. Free shipping on all orders, use the code ‘BLACKFRIDAY35’ at the checkout to access the discount - ends November 30
- Coach - 20% off full-priced items
- Calvin Klein Underwear - 40% off storewide - ends November 30
- Maria Farro - 20% off site-wide, use code ‘FARROFRIDAY'
- Reliquia Jewellery - 30% off site wide and spend over $350 to receive a gift with purchase valued at $200. Use code ‘BFCM’
- Friends with Frank - 20% off sitewide (with a minimum spend of $200) - ends November 27 midnight
- SABA - 25% off storewide* excludes full price leather & vegan leather - ends November 30
- JAG - 20% off storewide* excludes full price leather - ends November 30
- The Outnet - Up to 70% + extra 25% off everything with code ‘BLACKFRIDAY’, excludes Just In and Bestsellers - ends December 1st
- Jasmine and Will - Spend and Save (Spend $250, save $50 – code Holiday50, spend $400 and save $100 –code Holiday100). Plus free domestic shipping with no minimum spend - ends November 30
- Country Road - 20% off everything in store and online - ends November 29
- SIR the label - 20% off Preface '20 and 20% off sale, use code FLASH20 - ends November 27
- Cloud Nine - offering $40 off across the entire website
- L'Occitane - deals onsite from 23-29 November
- Bali Body - 20% off everything - ends November 30
- Sand and Sky - save up to 40% site wide + unlock a free product - ends November 29
- La Clinica - 30% off - ends November 27
- Uma Oils - 20% off, 25% off when spending over $500 at David Jones - ends November 30
- Indie Lee - 15% off at Sephora - ends November 27
- Caudalíe - 15% off at Sephora- ends November 30
- Innisfree - Up to 50% off on selected products - ends December 2.
- ModelCo - up to 40% off hundreds of products online - ends November 27
- Libertine Parfumerie - 20% site wide - ends November 30
- Charlotte Tilbury - up to 40% off and an exclusive new product drop
- Morphe - 40% Off (Almost) Everything – ends November 29
- Fenty Beauty - 15% off at Sephora - ends November 27
- Anastasia Beverly Hills - value bundles on sale at Sephora - ends November 27
- Lanolips - 25% off sitewide - ends November 30
- Laser Clinics - 50% off Laser Hair Removal, 50% off Skin Treatments, 40% single treatment price of CoolSculpting with purchases of two or more - ends November 30
- The Beauty Chef - 20% off sitewide + 200mL Collagen GWP ($25 value) when you spend over $200 - ends November 30
- Bondi Sands 50% off selected bundles - ends November 27
- Chakra Balms - Receive the Chakra Balm full set for $99 (originally $111) - ends November 30
- Donginbi - 40% off - ends November 30
- Glotrition - 30% off site wide - ends November 30
- Khalm Skincare - 10% off site-wide with code HOLIDAY - ends November 30
- Bed Threads - 15% off, use code DREAMON
- Oil Garden - 40%. off sitewide + free shipping - ends November 30
- In Essence - 30% off sitewide + free shipping - ends November 30
- Nespresso - Additional 10% off Vertuo Aeroccino3 machine bundles, on top of the SAVE $80 offer available*, Purchase any Nespresso coffees from the Original Line (OL) and Vertuo Line (VL) range, including the new Festive Variations Italia, to receive free pre-selected coffees from Nespresso, 15% off selected Nespresso accessories and the Aeroccino3
- David Jones - Up to 50% off on selected homewares and electrical
Want to know what else to expect? Unfortunately we can't reveal too much without giving away the surprise. But we can say that your favourite names in beauty and online department stores will all be involved in this one-day-sale event.
While we wait for the Black Friday sales to start, here's a few things you should know about this shopping event.
What you should know about Black Friday
Black Friday is actually the day after Thanksgiving - which is why its roots began in America.
So how did this one day turn into one of the most widely known in-store and online shopping events across the globe?
It comes down to consumer behaviour. Increased foot traffic in shopping centres after the Thanksgiving public holiday prompted many retailers to start offering sales - an attempt to lure customers their way. This occurrence snowballed. Each year more and more stores involved themselves in this sale event, until it eventually grew to the Black Friday we know today.
This event has become so big that it now spans the weekend and following Monday - which is now called Cyber Monday. Like Black Friday, Cyber Monday is a big day of sales, but were reserved for those that are offered online. Since Black Friday was an in-store event for many years, online stores claimed the Monday as their official sale event. Since the line between offline and online is so blurred, now the weekend is celebrated by all as Cyber Weekend.
Many will still think of this event as purely American. But these days, Australia plays host to just as many Black Friday sales as anywhere else. It's a great time to do you your Christmas shopping.