Who says you have to take all your supplements and powders with just water? Did you know that you can cook with these ingredients?
One of the easiest ways to make sure you're getting your daily dose is to pop all your powders into a snack you can consume each day. We've run through a recipe for a fabulously supercharged coconut ice, and now we've got a recipe for the perfect granola bar. One that you can stash in your handbag and eat on the run.
This recipe makes 16 and uses Glow Powder by The Beauty Chef.
180g almond butter
150ml coconut oil
1½ Tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
1 cup (12g) puffed buckwheat
¾ cup (55 g) shredded coconut
1/3 cup (55 g) dried blueberries*
1/3 cup (35 g) dried goji berries
1 Tbsp ground linseeds
*free from sulphur, preservatives and added sugar
1½ cups mixed nuts, such as:
- Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- Almonds, coarsely chopped
- Macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Pistachios, coarsely chopped
½ cup mixed seeds, such as:
- Lightly grease and line a baking tin (24 x 15 x 3.5cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool, but not set.
- Combine the buckwheat, coconut, dried blueberries, goji berries and linseeds in a medium bowl. Add 1½ cups of mixed nuts. Add ½ cup of mixed seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add GLOW powder to the cooled almond butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared tin. Using the back of a spoon, press and firmly pack the mixture, to make an even layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until set firm.
- Cut into sixteen bars. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.