Smart watches have been around long enough now that their design and functionality honestly knows no limits. Depending on your expectations, guaranteed there will be a device for all your needs and then some. It's no surprise, of course, that the link between fitness, technology and practicality is stronger than ever – we only need to look to the overflowing stream of stellar fitness apps available at our fingertips. While smart watches certainly deliver on the fitness front, finding a piece that is equal parts stylish and innovative can become a challenge.
Below, we've rounded up six of the best, and most stylish smart watches on the market. For those moments when face value truly matters.
From $1,899AUD, nothing quite says luxury like a little orange box. You know the one. Which is exactly what you can expect and so much more from the Hermès Apple Watch. The two brands have collaborated to merge the world's of luxury fashion and technology to create a smartwatch that is equal parts heritage and innovation. The collaboration is available for Apple's Series 9 watch; which, is its most current edition at time of publishing. Inspired by the brand’s signature cotton canvas, which was first introduced in 1930, Toile H is a sturdy yet lightweight band in the classic Hermès check.
Key features of the Apple Hermès Watch Series 9:
- Built-in GPS + Cellular connectivity
- Edge-to-edge Always-On Retina display, so your screen is readable at a glance.
- Comes with an additional Hermès Sport Band for working out.
- Blood Oxygen app.
- Temperature sensing.
- Emergency SOS.
- Water-resistant up to 100m.
- Up to 36 hours normal use.
From $399AUD, the Galaxy Watch6 combines smartphone-level productivity, leading health technology and contemporary design. The watch is Samsung's most advanced Galaxy watch yet – both in technology and style.
Key features of the Galaxy Watch6:
- Sleep Coaching assists you to learn habits to improve your sleep and overall wellness with a daily sleep score and sleep stages.
- Monitor your heartbeat, ECG, and blood pressure.
- Biggest screen yet (33.3mm).
- Switch tasks seamlessly from your Samsung phone, buds and tablet.
- Fall detection.
Engineering by Google with the best of Fitbit for personalised help and insights, the Google Pixel Watch 2 comes in four different colourways and retails for between $549AUD – $649AUD (depending on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi set-up preferences). The watch combines an all-new multi-path HR sensor with Google AI for accurate heart rate tracking, and more precise reads on your go-to metrics. A 24-hour battery life and a quick, 15-minute charge time also mean you can keep on moving all day long.
Key features of the Fitbit Sense:
- An all-new multi-path heart rate sensor and Google AI combine for the most spot-on heart rate tracking yet.
- Tracks your time in heart rate zones so you get credit when you work harder.
- Built-in GPS.
- Water resistant to 50m.
- Menstrual health tracking.
- Sleep tracking and sleep stages.
- Google Wallet.
- 24-hour battery with always-on display.
- Fall detection.
Admittedly, the Tag Heuer Connected is less tech-focused than its counterparts, but where style and design is concerned, it holds up to the luxury watchmaker's name. With that in mind, it's no exaggeration that Tag Heuer Connected is the avant-garde of smart watches. Inspired by the brand's legendary chronographs, the Connected collection features faceted horns, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal screens, a ceramic bezel, push buttons and crown. The only downfall is that you can't make, or receive calls from this smart watch.
Key features of the Tag Heuer Connected include:
- 45mm finely brushed and polished steel case.
- 50m of water-resistance.
- Integrated Sports app, optimised for running, cycling, swimming, fitness and golf.
- AMOLED display 1.39".
- 100% charged in 1.5 hours.
An unexpected player in the field, but one certainly of note, the Huawei Watch GT 4 in the 41mm size brings a youthful take into the field of stylish smart watches. Available in four colourways – white, silver, light gold and black – the compact, lightweight and ergonomic design make for the perfect, all-day companion. You can also entirely customise your watch face to your convenience – meaning that you can keep track of the things that matter to you most.
Key features of the Huawei Watch GT 4 41MM include:
- Airy-light form and 13% higher screen-to-body ratio.
- 25,000+ exquisite watch faces to choose from.
- Always On Display watch faces.
- Set daily goals for Activity Rings 2.0.
- Keep track of how many calories you're consuming at a glance.
Nothing says luxury like 24k gold – which, is just one of the finishes on offer in the Garmin vivomove Luxe range. The luxurious analog watch design offers an elegant hybrid smartwatch that doesn't compromise on classic design or technology. The dual-screen design allows you to switch interfaces seamlessly. The collection features 16 different designs and finishes – so whether you prefer a polished stainless steal software, or a classic leather band; there's a piece for you.
Key features of the Garmin Venu 3S:
- Up to 10 days battery life.
- AMOLED (optional always-on mode) display mode.
- Water-resistent up to 5m.
- Sleep score and insights.
- 8 GB memory.