You’ve probably had an IV before. Perhaps you’ve needed surgery, been in an accident, or gotten very ill. But getting an IV drip is probably not something you’ve considered doing voluntarily, until now.
Well, it turns out that vitamin IV therapy is an effective way to improve your overall health and manage the symptoms of illness naturally. Here’s why it’s become so popular and how it could help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Why should you consider IV therapy?
One of the biggest reasons IV therapy has become so popular really comes down to the link between the many health issues we face today and the overall lack of good nutrition in the average diet. We’ve become dangerously deficient in micronutrients, and eating a healthy diet just isn’t enough. There’s a clear deficiency of crucial vitamins like A, B6, C, D, E, and niacin, plus trace minerals like copper.
More research needs to be done to show just how serious the effects of these deficiencies are, but we already know for sure that they can lead to extended recovery times after surgery, a weakened immune system, possible complications during surgery, and increased inflammation throughout the body.
If that’s not enough to get your attention, experts also believe that these nutritional deficiencies are behind the rapidly increasing levels of chronic disease in today’s society. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), six out of every 10 Americans currently have a chronic health issue, such as cancer, obesity, diabetes, or autoimmune disease.
When you consider our modern diet and lifestyle, it’s pretty obvious that those numbers will continue to rise.
How can IV vitamin therapy help?
When nutrients or medications are administered through an IV, they’re absorbed directly into the bloodstream where they can do the most good. Hospitals often administer micronutrients intravenously to speed recovery after illness or surgery. This direct infusion of nutrition and fluids can also give you an amazing energy boost!
According to functional medicine experts at Rahav Wellness, our cells become brittle and permeable when we’re lacking the right nutrients. When this happens, our cells can no longer protect their DNA or mitochondria.
No matter how clean your diet is, your cells may not be getting adequate nutrition due to things like poor digestion, a weak immune system, food sensitivities, chronic inflammation, poor gut health, or just illness in general.
At Rahav Wellness, NYC vitamin IV drip services solve this problem by bypassing the digestive tract entirely. The nutrients you need are absorbed completely and efficiently. For most patients, the energising effects are evident immediately.
We could all use more energy, but the benefits of IV therapy don’t end there. Vitamin IV drips have also been used to treat the following conditions:
- Viral and Bacterial Illness, Including Colds and Flu
- Autoimmune disorders
- IBS, Chron’s Disease, and Gastrointestinal Issues
- Lyme Disease
- Seasonal Allergies
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- High Blood Pressure
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Depression, Anxiety, and Chronic Stress
- Tension Headaches and Migraines
- Lyme Disease
How does vitamin IV therapy work?
If you’re interested in trying vitamin IV therapy, seek out a qualified medical doctor to administer the treatment. A professional will recommend a specific IV treatment for each patient based on their current needs and health condition.
The treatments normally take about an hour, and most clinics offering this service have spa-like IV suites where you can relax during your session.
These are some of the most popular IV therapy cocktails offered to give you an idea of what’s available.
- Myer’s Cocktail: A Myer’s Cocktail is the top IV treatment recommended for migraine sufferers and those dealing with chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. It’s also used to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies, upper respiratory infections, chronic sinusitis, and heart disease.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and immune booster. It’s capable of killing cancer cells, removing heavy metals from the body, fighting allergies, killing viruses and bacteria, and repairing collagen. Just about anybody can benefit from this treatment.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: We admit this one sounds a little weird, but it’s actually very effective for fighting off some pretty serious bacterial infections, including candida and gangrene. It also fights viral infections and supports the circulatory system.
- Metabolic Boost: A Metabolic Boost IV cocktail is ideal for athletes who want to improve their performance and stamina. It’s also a good choice for anyone looking to encourage fat burning or increase energy. It generally includes nutrients like chromium, MIC, B complex, and amino acids.
Every clinic has a different selection, but you can also expect to find formulas for nourishing the body after stress or illness, detoxifying, de-stressing and relaxing, and much more. Personalised formulas are also very popular, and a reputable clinic will even offer bloodwork to help you decide which nutrients you need.
Most of us would like to avoid pharmaceuticals whenever possible. We’re turning to natural treatments more and more. There’s nothing more natural than electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals, and vitamin IV therapy offers a safe way to utilise them effectively. It’s a drug-free way to nurture your body, combat stress, and boost your energy, and who couldn’t benefit from that?