Is any meal truly complete without a sweet course to round it all out? Some would disagree, but I think not. After all, if we didn't have the sweet, how would we balance out the salty, zingy and umami? Of course, any excuse for dessert will do; so this argument may just be a way to justify that helping of chocolate cake. But if you're craving that sugar high, why not get stuck into this recipe for matcha vegan donuts by the Nourished Chef a.k.a Clarissa Kocovski? It's free from refined sugar, gluten-free and completely vegan; a bonus for those who are constantly having to turn down dessert due to their dietaries. Find the recipe for these warm, fluffy donuts below.
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp X50 Organic Matcha Tea
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Plant Mylk
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
Matcha Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener
- ¼ Tsp X50 Organic Matcha Tea
- 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Plant Mylk
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and slightly grease a mini donut pan with spray coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes, then stir again.
- Spoon the batter into the 6 donut moulds. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 12minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
- For the glaze, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Dip the top of each donut into the glaze and place on the wire rack for cooling. Dust with more matcha and enjoy!
Ready to dig into another vegan dessert recipe? Why not try out these vegan red velvet pancakes?