No one ever said you needed to take your supplements exclusively in a glass of water. So why not cook with them instead?
These fruity mousse pots are some of the most delicious ways to make sure you're getting all your powders and supplements. This particular recipe uses The Beauty Chef Glow Powder. Try it and you'll never look back.
1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
1 cup (140 g) raw macadamias, soaked in cold water for 4 hours and drained
1 cup (250 ml) coconut cream
1 cup (120 g) fresh or frozen & thawed, blueberries
1 Tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
1 cup (250 g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Edible flowers & toasted coconut to serve
½ cup (60 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Pour the water into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- To prepare the blueberry compote, simmer the lime juice, maple syrup and ½ cup of blueberries in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until berries have softened and the liquid has reduced to a syrup. Mash blueberries using the back of a fork to coarsely puree. Transfer into a small bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Place the bowl of softened gelatin over a small saucepan of almost-simmering water, until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the macadamias and half of the coconut cream into a high-speed blender and blend on low until finely pureed. Add the remaining coconut cream and blend on medium-low, until smooth and creamy. Next, add the remaining blueberries, GLOW powder and melted gelatin and blend to combine. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl. Add the coconut yoghurt and gently fold through. Pour into four 1½ cup (375 ml) capacity serving bowls or ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Top with additional coconut yoghurt, blueberry compote. Add edible flowers and toasted coconut if desired. Enjoy.