RUSSH Media is looking for a full-time Social Media Editor to join their team.
This is a junior to mid-level role for someone looking to expand on and showcase their social media knowledge and skillset, working for one of Australia's leading fashion titles. This opportunity will see you work collaboratively with our print, digital and social advertising teams – cementing the RUSSH tone of voice across our social platforms through engaging and result-driven content.
Who we are looking for:
You're an experienced content creator with 1-4 years experience in the social media space who understands the immediacy and continuously evolving social media landscape. You live and breathe social platforms and have a high-level understanding and proven experience in running a multi-channel brand strategy guided by a strong news and trend judgement. You are constantly exploring new ways to connect with target audiences and are inspired by seeing tangible results and social growth. We are looking for someone who can take initiative and who is passionate about being a leading voice in fashion, culture and news across all social platforms.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- End-to-end management of RUSSH's social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest), including but not limited to creating, curating and scheduling all content
- Devise a cutting-edge social media strategy in collaboration with the Content Director and Digital Strategy Director
- A hands-on role, the Social Media Editor must be capable of delivering world-class social media content and using constantly evolving best-practice techniques
- Follow insights and analytics to deliver content that reaches existing and new audiences
- Collaborate with the Content Director and editorial team to maximise content opportunities
- Work with the partnerships and sales team to advise on best social strategy relating to bespoke paid executions
- Critically analyse and report weekly on the performance of our social media channels in line with your KPIs
- Identify content engagement issues and action solutions
- Constantly trawl all platforms and analyse trends – adjusting suitable content ideas/plans based on changes or updates
- Daily and monthly competitor monitoring
- Work efficiently and collaboratively within a team setting to achieve best results
Required qualifications, qualities and experience:
- 1-4 years experience in a social media or related role
- A high level of proficiency in Adobe Creative suite, especially Photoshop
- A high level of proficiency in low-fi video and image ideation, creation and editing
- An interest in fashion, beauty, art and music
- Highly organised
- An understanding of Google Analytics and platform-specific insights
- You feel comfortable in front of the camera and could see yourself as the face of our social media channels
Highly desirable qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in media or communications will be highly regarded but not essential for the right candidate
- An understanding of publishing and the news cycle
How to apply:
Please send your CV of no more than 2 pages and a cover letter to [email protected] – or apply using the prompts on the ad. Please use the subject line: Social Media Editor and your name.
Please use your cover letter to highlight your experience and skills. Successful applicants will be contacted for further information and interview rounds. Applications close 20 August, 2022.
Your career at RUSSH:
RUSSH is a voice for creative minds in Australia. We are a team of strong and supportive individuals with strong backgrounds in media and publishing. This is a chance to learn from the best in the business in a vibrant, flexible and engaging environment.
A career at RUSSH is an opportunity. This is an independent, Australian-owned brand that is committed to the development and future opportunities of its staff. In exchange for your dedication, we will supply you with the experience and skills you need to be successful in your role and beyond. We've had designers move to marketing and assistants develop into editor roles. With the right attitude and a passion to learn, we believe nothing should hold you back from where you want to be.