Who we are looking for:
You’ll be highly organised, a stickler for deadlines, you love management tools and are not afraid of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. You are creative, a lover of unique forms of storytelling and appreciate the elegance of the written word. Your grammar is accurate and your English literacy is high, but you value speed and understand the importance of working to tight deadlines. We need someone fast, organised and with a high level of attention to detail.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Coordinating the production of our quarterly RUSSH Magazine, including but not limited to commissioning written features, photography and editorial, editing and sub-editing magazine features, working with the team and contributors to coordinate shoots and ensuring all components are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Assisting the team in the production of online news and features including supporting with Wordpress set-ups, image editing and writing own stories where required.
- Work closely with Content Director, designer, photographers, editors and other production stakeholders to design, create, place and format all magazine pages – including advertisements – tastefully, correctly and in a timely fashion for review
- Prepare and distribute print assets ahead of the on sale period.
- Assisting the team in the production of social media content including static image posts, video and podcasts across all major social networks.
Required qualifications, qualities and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in communication, production, management or relevant creative field
- 2-3 years experience in media or publishing or project management
- An interest in fashion, beauty, art and music
- Highly organised
Highly desirable skills – they’re not required, but if you have them, we want to know:
- Experience in Adobe suite – especially InDesign
- Experience in sub-editing
- An understanding of digital media, SEO, social and community growth – Experience in a newsroom
- Experience in media sales
How to apply
Please send your CV of no more than 2 pages and a cover letter using the prompts on the ad. Please use your cover letter to highlight your experience and skills. If you have any samples of previous written work, published or not, we would like to see two examples.
Successful applicants will be contacted for further information and interview rounds. This may include a timed writing test. Applications close 7 February.
Your career at RUSSH
RUSSH is a voice for creative minds in Australia. We are a team of strong and supportive individuals with strong backgrounds in media and publishing. This is a chance to learn from the best in the business.
A career at RUSSH is an opportunity. This is an independent, Australian-owned brand that is committed to the development and future opportunities of its staff. In exchange for your dedication, we will supply you with the experience and skills you need to be successful in your role and beyond. We’ve had designers move to marketing and assistants develop into editor roles. With the right attitude and a passion to learn, we believe nothing should hold you back from where you want to be.